Sunday, October 07, 2012

Unexpected

Man has the innate tendency to plan, although he doesn't always realize it. I am someone who loves to do things spontaneously, and yet I made a bucket-list when I was 20. I was inspired by the movie 'The Bucket-List' :)

Anyway so at 20, I thought of some things I wanted to do. I started small, I began with horse riding to some thrills on the jet ski, to slightly more ambitious desires like gaining and education enough to give me financial independence, buy an SLR, and then came the one's I thought were hard to achieve. A bag packing trip to a new place/country/city and an Everest Base Camp Expedition.

In fact, I did not really think the last two would actually happen...... But they did..... makes me think about the saying in one of the hindi movies - Agar app dil se kisi cheez ko chahate hai, to poori kayenath apko wahi cheez dilane mein lag jati hai....... Not always true..... But not always untrue as well !

I  managed to become a good horse rider,  we (Marshall and I) rode almost every day, the hack rides were something I wont forget. I could sense the work of a team in completing a hack ride. The were super fun and we rode till we were walking with bow legs!

The other sports I indulged in were sailing, jet-skiing, kayaking, etc

After I had one tick on my bucket list, I began trying to figure out how I could go on my bag-packing trip. And the next thing I know is that my brother decided to be the wish granter in this case and I explored Hong Kong thanks to him..... That was truly a memorable incident. I left early morning each day and explored the city on foot and in metro using maps - the one's on paper and my dolphin card!!!

The Wish Granter
The ten day vacation was super awesome and I survived an unknown city by myself - believe you me - I got a kick!!!

Well so things seemed to be going damn well, I got a job with Vasant Valley where I my sorta my soul mates - wackos that equaled me!!!!

The cocktail of awesome colleagues and kids was intoxicating !

Rambos
And we called ourselves Rambo's !!!!
And as colourful is the snap - they added that much and more colour in my life!!!!
Thank God for creating wackos!!! :D





And then was the turn of the SLR, I gathered the required funds, but landed up saving that bit...... So I am using my Wish Granter's SLR :D

Now I had to figure out how to get to Everest Base Camp........
But it wasn't just a matter of Everest, but also about the fitness. And Along came Polly! Ahem I mean Siachen......

It sounded way more challenging and was indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity that is rare for any citizen!

And so it was.........



1 comment:

Unknown said...

read this today! i wish i had read this earlier.. u r a sweetheart.. you kno i too feel.vvs ws an amazin.plc..it happened fr a reason.rambos had to.meet in ds life nd vvs ws god's plan!!