Thursday, January 26, 2006

PSYHCOLOGY & ITS CONCEPT TO THE WORLD

I had gone to Delhi as I longed to see my brother after 6 long months... the journey upwards was great... I had foreigners... love birds or what ever one might call them cuddling all the time, & one man who kept to his lower berth & me to my upper berth. I very presumably had nothing to do in a rocking train except to do my usual best pass time i.e. to observe people & how ridiculous they can get... but such observations are only as far as other people are concerned. i bet if i get down to having a third person view of myself I will go crazy looking at myself & instead of sitting & observing myself I will be running away from myself. The trip was for about three days & well soon enough I was on my way back. And it was unfortunate that I came across a person who has almost the same pass time as I did. That is so not a comfortable situation. So we did our own work, i tried to put up my most intellectual front & read about DNA which is actually a part of my next level in forensics. I shouldn’t have to say that I read it 5 times over & it still flew left right & center but didn’t go into my head. Anyways but I think I managed to prove my intellectual self & satisfied with that I decided to have a meal........ Now let’s see what the man beside me was up too Like I said he too was trying his best to look intellectual & was supposedly editing a book...which he claimed to be his...which i doubt. So he read and he read, & he didn’t look up even once. He read & he read & he wrote & he wrote till he too decided to have dinner. Him being a complete stranger I didn’t want to start a conversation since I was traveling alone but then again... Indians have to eat while they talk so he started off. "So you are learning genetics?" "No, not really, it’s a small part of an entire course" I said, happy he noticed that i was the studying variety.... "Which course is that?" "Forensics", i said "FOR-SEN-ICS???!!!" Aghast at the pronunciation.... I said "NO FO-REN-SICS, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS....." That was my favorite subject & he...he had made a complete mess of it..... i thought what a creep... "Aaaaaa the CID variety" he said "CID is quite a load of rubbish, but yes some thing like that" "So planning to catch murderers hmmm" "Not quite I am actually a psychology student",I said "Mind reader!!" he exclaimed By then I knew I had gotten myself into a never ending conversation with an industrialist who knew nothing about my field of study. As the conversation got on, he asked me question to which I too was a bit zonked at... "What do you do as psychologists?" So I thought of all the different fields & started reciting my psychology notes..... i remembered them. At the end of it he gave me a blank look & said “soo many field have come out is it...” He seemed determined to convince me that psychology is a big load of crap. I as usual went on with the flow... Well so after the mind reader stereotype & me explaining the existence of psychological tests was i guess useless... He went on to the productivity of a counselor. He asked me "so what do counselors do" I said "the talk to a person in need of some psychological help or guidance" "So basically all they do is talk & that’s what you are going to do....Talk" Well I had no words for him He thought psychology was all about talking & why not.... But the crucks are that psychology isn’t all about talking it is about understanding ourselves & how the human mind functions. But I obviously couldn’t get my point across to an engineer.. Then on I realized that the things people told me before I took up psychology & about it being a subject looked at with a queer view is very much true. The service guy came & feeling very good about himself he gave the guy a five hundred rupee note & said take some tip & gets me change & I thought... "dude use your brains" How can any one give some one 500 bucks on a train & say get me change at the end of the dinner. He then looked at me & said "so u see I am a very trusting person but there are some people who can be trusted & I can tell who is not going to cheat" About one hour later i felt him to be uneasy.... Haa What else The guy with the 500 bucks hadn’t turned up & no one knew where he was....... There his trust went down the drain..... So then he went out looking for the guy & I took the chance & covered myself with a blanket & slept. God knows what happened to the guy as he got off at a station earlier than mine...

1 comment:

amol said...

hi,so u here!hows u?u changed ur yahoo id too?didnt inform me-why?
whts wrong ya?